Thursday, November 20, 2014

Five for FRIDAY



Mell Conference
I was able to attend the MELL Conference up in KC with a few of my colleagues. We went to several interesting presentations about strategies and techniques to use with English Language Learners in the classroom. 

Kansas City
 I love being home. We stayed at the Westin Hotel, were able to see the plaza, and ate excellent food. What more could you ask for?

Cafe' Gratitude
One evening, my family took me out to dinner. We went to a vegan restaurant called, "Cafe Gratitude". It was an interesting experience, and I didn't complain. 
Would I go back? 
Never. 

Grilled polenta over spaghetti squash with marina sauce.

Mint and Cacao cake.


Garozzo's Italian Restaurant

homemade gnocchi with vodka sauce

The best Italian food in KC. Enough said.

New Friendships

I was able to attend the MELL conference with colleagues I don't work closely with at school. It was so nice to get to know them better and to create new friendships.

1 comment:

  1. Found you through the linky and I'm your newest follower! I used to live in KC and loooove the food up there - especially Garozzo's! :) Sounds like you had a blast!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete