Sunday, September 28, 2014

Five for Friday (On a Sunday)



Happy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!


I'm a little late but here is an update of my week:



"He looked at me!" "She cutted." "He took my pencil!" Ohhh the wonderful sayings of elementary students! Tattle, tattle, tattle! As I hear these tattles, I close my eyes and think of my happy place...a sunny and secluded beach where I can hear the loud crashing waves smashing among the shore.

 Ahhhhh...Okay, I'm ready to teach on...


We decided to focus on informing rather than tattling during our character development time. The story, A Bad Case of the Tattle Tongue was a fabulous story to read about tattling. We went over when it is appropriate to inform a teacher and when it was absolutely NOT appropriate.

We followed up the the lesson with a cute writing activity and craft.

You can purchase the craft on TPT here.



This is the face :( I had to make to get my fiance to take my picture at 6:30 am. I think I need to invest in a webcam.
Sweater: TJ Maxx
Pants: JCPenny
Boots: Target 
Happy Fall Y'all!

I promised myself I wouldn't get my boots out until the first day of fall. 

Therefore, I am going to wear them everyday until the first day of spring. Beware. 



I typically don't buy coffee from coffee shops, but when I do I go with a salted caramel mocha latte. YUM. Perfect for fall. 


I have my students read plays in "Read to Someone" during Daily 5 time. They LOVE it. It has been a perfect activity for buddy reading.You can get the plays here

It's the best when you hear your students not only acting it out, but using different accents as they speak.

Hilarious.



Our hometown football team was 4-1 on Friday night. They were up against a competitive school with the same record. It was a nail biter the entire game. We ended up winning with a hail mary pass with 3 seconds remaining! Amazing!

That's all for now! Have a fabulous week!

Happy blogging!

xox Mica

0 comments:

Post a Comment