Friday, December 12, 2014

Help! The Holiday Fever is High!

The Christmas tree, the holiday lights, the festive decor, and the talk of presents is brewing though the halls. Christmas is the hot topic, and boy, are the students ready for break!

Well, let's not lie, their teachers are ready too! (Maybe even more so!)

In my classroom I am trying to keep calm and am practicing deep breathing to keep my sanity! I'm trying to keep daily routines as normal as possible. However, the kiddos have been a tad more squirmy and jittery.

I mean, can I really blame them? 

Santa Claus is coming to town in less than two weeks. 

This is obviously big news which causes commotion for the days leading up to Christmas. 

This next week is going to be a challenge for my patience. I was browsing through blogs when I stumbled upon Lauren's blog at A Teachable Teacher, (She's brilliant by the way!) and I found my inspiration for next week...

Are you ready to hear it?

A HOT CHOCOLATE PARTY! Filled with plenty of hot chocolate, a fire, a good Christmas story, and marshmallows. Could life get any sweeter?

Okay, I got lazy and copied and laminated the letters onto blue card stock. It's not the prettiest, but it works! 
Now, the kids must earn the letters to be able to get the hot chocolate party. However, they are going to make the party. It's already in my plans.

How in the world am I going to pull off having a fire in my classroom? It's simple, YouTube is amazing. Check out this video!


I'm going to put it on my Smart Board and we are going to have a read aloud. I'm thinking, A Charlie Brown's Christmas, The Polar Express, or Twas the Night Before Christmas

Any other great Christmas story suggestions?

This is how I'm motivating my class next week. How are you surviving the holiday fever?!








0 comments:

Post a Comment