Sunday, December 21, 2014

Celebrating Christmas in Room 209 *Link up Party!


Whew! We made it! What a long and wonderful week filled with Christmas activities. My kids were very well behaved for having so much excitement around. We really had a great time together. Here are some of the activities my class and I did through out the week. 
Hot Chocolate Party


The students had to earn the letters to "Hot Chocolate Party" by showing good behavior. Once they earned all the letters, they received a hot chocolate party! My kids loved it!



Got marshmallows?


Christmas Word Wall

We did plenty of writing this week. Our prompts were," What are your Christmas traditions?" and "If I was an Elf..." We had so much fun writing and this word wall really helped my students.


Elf Yourself Craft

Aren't these adorable?



Kindness Pup

Instead of using the Elf on the Shelf, I decided to get creative and used what I already had. The kids loved it and thought it was so much fun.

We wrote kindness notes to the residents at our local nursing homes.





2nd Grade Christmas Program

Oh my! What a busy and stressful production this was! We 2nd grade teachers were so extremely happy when it was over. However, the kiddos were adorable and sang their hearts out! 

My sweet girls.
Christmas Ornaments for Parent Gifts!

I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out 16 opague colored ornaments. I bought fake snow, white, black, red, orange, and green washable paint. I worked with the students one on one while they worked quietly on their holiday packets. I had the students dip their palm in white paint and then cup the ornament like a ball. I had it dry over night and then the next day they painted the snowmen. This is a gift I hope they keep for a long time!

So easy and so cute!


Christmas Writing Activity



Christmas Party Read Aloud

My younger sister came to the party and was kind enough to do our read aloud!
Megan read, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.


The Best Present

This is what it is all about.

Hope everyone had a great week of celebrating this wonderful Christmas holiday!






1 comment:

  1. Mica, I'm a first grade teacher in Missouri. I just found your blog today. I've been teaching for 16 years and love what you've done in your room. I am going to do your hot chocolate party along with the fire in late January when the kids are tired of being cooped up. Thanks for the ideas. Best wishes for a wonderful rest of the school year and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete